Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thought Bubbles: Hugs

Thought Bubbles:  Hugs

In this, what I call a "lock up" there're no hugs.

We can't even reach out and touch a human, with what we know would comfort them.  That most shocked me. That and the scalding pot, looking glass that God dropped me into.

I met a young woman, who like me, grabbed her Bible as she ran from one confused situation to another. if we could all grab that book, and  plop it open and search for the comfort that it brings.  letting the Spirit drift into the soul. And like a sponge searching for living water, soak it up.

Her name was Meghan. I hope I find you friend. The times we shared the verse that we should cast our cares on the Lord for he careth for you. Or the one about eagles wings.

This lock up was a place were people go who are in crisis.  Drug withdrawals,  medicine imbalances.. When you go in you are desperate. Very.  You are stripped of all electronic devices.  Our toys,   But our connections to the outside world as well. Everything that could harm you, yourself, or anyone else. Is taken. When we totally give ourselves to God I think it is like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment