Friday, November 18, 2011

Recent Health Crisis Started after car accident

This is what I posted in May, just three weeks after the car accident:

5/31/11

I have been in and out of depression more often since the car accident.

Before the accident I would go into depression perhaps every other week. A mild depression, to be sure, but now it is getting to be daily. I thought as the body healed from the bruised and sprained back and neck, the depressions would be less. So far not. But I am hopeful that if I can get a grip on the reality of the situation, that I will get better, that I can have the happiness that I had before.

I had no target before my past improvement. I did not know what happiness could be. I had surrendered to the depression because I knew nothing else. Now I know I have been happy just last month.

I will get better.

God says that he will perfect all that concerns me. I have to keep this in the forefront as I heal.

There is more to life than depression. Most people would say duh. But when it is in your face 24/7 you get so deep into your pain that you can not see around it. Replace thoughts that are depressive with thoughts of God's love and the depression lessens.

11/18/11

It has been tracked that the health crisis with the intense allergies that I have suffered started to that time period. The very reading of the above brought tears to my eyes. To realize that I signed a wavier that I can not get any more money from the insurance company for the recent down turn starts the flow of the fountain of pain that wells to the surface. Let it go......or pursue?

No comments:

Post a Comment