Sunday, November 27, 2011

Call to Cyberonics

A couple of days ago I recalled Cyberonics to get more information on MRIs. They said that they would have to speak to the tech personally just before the procedure to discuss the shielding that would be necessary to protect the device and me, the implanted patient.
I also asked what it does to metabolism and they said that they had no information on that. I personally think that they can not comment on that because the FDA has strict rules on what a company can claim that their device can or can not do until the device is tested for that purpose. But I have heard through the Internet that it has the same effect on others and that some people may have it implanted for the purpose of weight loss. Think about that. A device that would let you eat anything and still lose weight, but this time not quackery. For that is what it is doing for me. And the other benefit is to lessen the depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment