Thursday, September 2, 2010

Not heard from Dr. Sadek

Well, it has been a week and I have not heard from the neurologist Dr. Sadek. I am not overly worried about it, but I would like the matter to be settled. I have noticed some psychologically different ways of looking at problems. You could call it a watching game. I watch how my mind deals with problems. I am trying to learn how to address different stressors in my life. I have always dealt with them with the depression. I pushed myself through them, getting more and more stressed, and then crashing in more depression. Then it would take a few days to recover and the cycle would start over again. I am now taking a mental health day. Changing, for that day the frantic way I rush through life. Just for that day. If I need to do something, for just that day I will put it off. For this day I will choose what I do, because I want to do it, not because it has to be done. Period. Hell can freeze over, but I will choose what I do, when I do it. If I want to go somewhere out of the ordinary and have lunch, well, so be it. And I will do this until my sense of balance comes back. I want to be in control of the stress, not it in control of me!
So if I take a day off from cooking, caring for my mom, cleaning, running my small business, going to my job, so be it. And if I want to do this more often than in the past, so be it. I must learn a balance. So what if other people seem to be flying past me in "success". My success is my mental and physical health, the money thing, well it has to come later.
I have noticed in my life that I push myself to make more money, or try to, work hard at the idea and get stressed, the yeast gets to over grow and causes mental illness, I then suffer the defeatism and lack to self esteem that comes with the depression and I withdrawal from the project. I have gained much from the actual learning of the project, how to do it, what to do in solving that kind of problem in that situation, but I seem to gain no monetary value from it. I learn from the whole process though, and in the learning is the success. Then I tell others of the experience. Learning and teaching and helping others, not money, is success. At least it seems that way for me. So why the stress?
There is a system of letting go of stress. It the Sedona Method. Hale Dowskin is the guy leading the movement. Another is prayer. Just let God be your buddy. Tell Him, look, I can't deal with this anymore. Do your best, and let God do the rest. The principal thought of letting go must be practiced from moment to moment. So that all through the day you are decreasing the stress not accumulating it. It is a type of meditation to do this. A type of prayer. After all if God is your buddy what can stand against you?

No comments:

Post a Comment