Thursday, August 26, 2010

I wrote Dr. Ahmed Sadek today

Dr. Ahmed Sadek

I received a VNS implant in March 2008 for depression. I had been on medications for sixteen years and found no relief. In the past two years I have come a long way. I have been able through diet and exercise to gain back some use of my brain, rescuing it from the severe depression that I was in. I am now off of all medications, but need to have my VNS device monitored. Dr. Rivera, the psychiatrist that I was seeing, was Orange  City, Florida, 35 miles to the northeast of Orlando, Florida. As I came up out of the depression I have noticed just how inconvenient that trip was and, just how badly he treated his waiting patients. Up to two hour waits. This was on a constant basis. As my life opened up, I have begun to notice this type of thing and with my new non-depressed brain, I have begun to ask and expect a different patient to doctor relationship.
I was told by Cyberonics, who made the implant, that the other nearest psychiatrists are in Tampa and Coral Springs. Even further than Orange City.( But I did not ask about epileptic doctors who deal with this device as well, and one was just two miles from me-editor)
The last time I had the implant adjusted was in November of 2009. Now I need to locate a doctor who will help me monitor it and adjust it if necessary.
If you can’t could help me, could you refer me to one?

Janet Matthews

August 26, 2010

Just to keep track of how I am managing my health care.
Also now I have varicose veins in the left leg. Could chiropractic help this? It helped depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment