Monday, September 6, 2010

Another bout of depression

Started on the first of September. I had been under so much stress of late and wham it hit me very hard. It is not just a mood thing. It is as if my brain is crippled. Literally. More than not functioning. Note above post. I have canceled nearly everything for the next few weeks. I know that I have lead in my body, and think that it has not chelated out as of yet. September the thirteenth I will have another appointment with Dr. Fernandez. At that time he will want me to run a test to determine how much lead is still in the body. Then detox again. It will take me out of action again. For it is very hard on me. But I get through it. Here is an interesting article on lead.

DMSA Chelation
DMSA For Detoxing Lead and Mercury

Our bodies are constantly exposed to an onslaught of environmental toxins. Lead and mercury are two heavy metals that seem to have found their way into almost everyone. Lead and mercury do not occur naturally in the body and as such are very toxic. These two heavy metals are known to interfere with how nerves communicate. Meso-2,3-dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA) is a compound approved in the 1960’s by the FDA for the removal (chelation) of heavy metals. DMSA is considered the preferred agent for the chelation (removal) of heavy metals in both adults and children. Mercury is considered to be the second most toxin substance on the planet (uranium is #1) and the negative effects of mercury exposure are well documented.

Meso-2,3-dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA) is also known as succimer and sold as a prescription under the trade name Chemet. DMSA is also sold as an over the counter nutritional supplement in some areas but it is often very difficult to find and can be very expensive (over $1 per capsule). DMSA has a somewhat strong sulfur like smell. It’s chemical properties make it particularly suited to chelate (remove via excretion) mercury and lead, the two most common toxic heavy metals in people.

One of the main advantages of DMSA is its large therapeutic window. This means there is a wide margin between the amount necessary to produce the intended result and the level that could potentially overload the patient. This makes DMSA exceptionally safe.
How Did I Get Heavy Metals (Mercury and Lead) In My Body?

There are several possible ways heavy metals got into your body. Below each of the more common exposures will be discussed. Remember there are no safe levels for heavy metals. Chelation of toxic heavy metals with DMSA is well documented in the scientific literature. There are several other chelation agents but DMSA so far as been proven to be the safest and most effective.
When I tried the DMSA before it was so powerful that I was almost suicidal. So I stopped it. But protocols for taking it are different on the internet than I had, for I took it for the test and that is a heavy dose. I will prepare myself mentally for this next challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment