Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Vinegar to kill Mold!


Reposted from www.nappycino.com.au
The links don't work, so I don't know original source.

Okay I know this is idle talk BUT
I was on this page tonight from a thread elsewhere about how someone felt crook while at home and all symptoms ceased while she was away and she was concerned something in her house was making her sick
anyway, long story short I went to that first link above,
and while I know a lot of us here don't use bleach (me included although with our old loo I am tempted sometimes! ) I thought this was really important

bleach doesn't kill mould.

It continues to grow, but you've bleached it, so now it grows and you can't see it... 
the list of things that can be caused by mould (symptoms wise) spun me out
so off I went to the bathroom armed with vinegar...
I am going to get about 5 litres tomorrow, I kid you not, and a squigie mop thing, because despite my aversion to it, DH not long ago decided bleach was the only thing for the ceiling in our bathroom bc nothing else was working... (we never thought of vinegar)
so the bathroom will cop the vinegar treatment tomorrow - the site says 80:20 but I'm keen for full strength (should I not?)
I also took the cover off the poor exhaust(ed) fan in there and cleaned it so the thing can actually work. The window is always open BUT it opens into the rest of the house (back room is an addition)...
hmmm
anyway so I thought I'd share - yet ANOTHER reason to use vinegar instead of bleach.
don't even feel like going in there for a shower now 
I spoke to the AC man today, 9/8/11, and he said that white vinegar is better by far to kill mold in the AC system lines in the house.                     
thesilhouetteshop.yolasite.com
                                                                           
jkmatthews100
                                                         
                                                                 
                                                                                    www.nicktimeflyer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment