Monday, October 24, 2011

Thought Bubbles: Impossible is not a word..

In opening my email I found this from my chiropractor. I think it was written by a Christian woman by the name of Stephanie West. I found it greatly reassuring in this time of stress. I am waiting to take an allergy test. After the test, well maybe I can get something that would help somewhat. Antihistamines don't really work now, and the allergy shots may not work fast enough. Anyways here is what was written by Steph as she prepares for a walk, run event:

It seems like every time I get in my car and start it, the song playing on the radio is, “That’s What Faith is For” by Kutless. There’s a line in that song that says, “Impossible’s not a word, it’s just a reason for someone not to try.” Well, I figure that this is God’s way of sending me a message since I keep hearing it over and over again. There have been times when I get down on myself and think that it’s “impossible” that I’ll ever find the lean body that’s hiding in the fat that’s stubbornly clinging to my frame. I try to stay positive but sometimes those negative thoughts just work their way in! Then, I started hearing this song all the time, and then this Olympic EMO started to keep me motivated. Now I realize that it will happen one day. God has His own agenda and I just have to learn to be patient. Just like I abolished the phrases “I can’t” and “I’ll try” and replaced them with “I can” and “I will,” I’ve added “impossible” to my taboo vocabulary. I will avoid all negative words and phrases. I will stay focused and positive! I remind myself that as a once self-proclaimed couch potato, I thought it would be “impossible” to ever get motivated to exercise and now I love it.

Then I remembered what I had written to my Pastor not a half hour before:
Dear Pastor,
I have to take an allergy test on Wednesday. It will tell me if I am correct, and what I need to avoid in my life. I know that prayer is working because I feel such peace when i dwell on Jesus. Guess what I dwell on now more than ever? Surrendering to Jesus every single thing, no matter what it is. It is important now not to dwell on any negative thing, any. These negative thoughts are as toxic as the irritants, what ever they maybe.
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment