Thursday, October 6, 2011

Common Food Sources of Mold

In the never ending battle with this depression I have come across some of the strangest things that were effecting me. In researching mold and it's sources here is a list that will slap you between the eyes. Because, well, these are the foods that I have had constantly until rather recently. The list is taken from WebMD.


Common food sources of mold include:
Cheese
Mushrooms
Vinegar and foods containing vinegar, such as salad dressing, catsup, and pickles, I love pickles
Sour cream, sour milk, and buttermilk
Meat or fish more than 24 hours old, unless I am there when the meat was killed, well how can I avoid       this?
Breads and other food made with yeast, I made my own yeast bread and craved it daily!
Sauerkraut, duh, I am of German heritage
Pickled and smoked meats and fish
Dried fruits such as dates, prunes, figs, and raisins
Soy sauce, love sushi
Hot dogs, sausages
Canned juices

So one can see that eating can bring on depression. Not just what is normally considered "bad" foods (bad fats sugars etc), but what most of us were brought up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment