Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dust Mite Battle beginning

In a email to my friend Mary after she came to visit, before the first allergy testing:

Thanks to you, I know what a true friend can be.
So it was dust mites, grass at the allergist.
I went out and got hypo-allergenic things for the bed. I woke up happy! I dreamed many dreams. I only dream when I can sleep deep enough. Haven't been able to do that in years. 
I was praising God, Mary. I wanted to rip up every carpet in the house and toss it out. For that is where, besides the bed and pillows, the mites land and stay. At 4:00 in the morning I wanted to run and wake Dave up and then rip the carpet up in the computer room.
When I came into the rest of the house to start the day, within about 20 minutes I began to feel anxious and irritated. So the rest of the house, bit by bit, must be cleared of carpets and kept much cleaner. I am not a dirty person, just not cleaning up to standards of an allergic patient. I will now so it the best  that I can. The depression must stop. That has been the drive for all my adult life.
More food testing today and then they will give me something for the dust mite allergy.

No comments:

Post a Comment