Friday, July 29, 2011

Thought Bubbles

WE don't know what needs we are filling in peoples lives. Only God can see it all. I went to the vegetable stand yesterday. Got to the check out and handed over my things and chatted with my check out lady. I know that she is Christian from past conversations. I was in the throws of a pesticide induced depression, so I was kinda of drifting through my chores. She reached out and verbally hugged me.
Something like this:
Gloria: You are always so calm and even and have a beautiful personality.
Me: I smiled and thought: thanks for the needed hug, honey. If you only knew what you have done.
Gloria (Conversation had drifted to constant cell phone distractions and parents ignoring life and children to talk to cell buddies) Cell buddies? phones can put us in cells sometimes. (She Continues) I choose to live in a calming way, by choice.
Me:( thinking, not speaking )You are wonderful (Eye contact)
Speaking: Thanks Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment