Monday, July 11, 2011

First Chapters of Clean by A. Junger

The first chapters of the "Clean" book are amazing. It hits the mark perfectly. As I am reading I am still eating the same stuff that I have been for the past few months. I have come far, but still suffer so I constantly compare what I eat, come in contact with in the environment and rate how I feel.
In the first few chapters Junger is laying out the premise of his thoughts.  Before I even get to the program of what to do, I notice that what he says is true. I eat  a package of goat cheese from Whole Foods. It takes about three days to do this for it is the large package. The cheese is

  • not cow's milk, so no lactose
  • organic
  • high in protein, which is good, now that I don't eat meat 
So the cheese is OK, right?  OH! Nooooooo! It causes mucus and contributes to inflammation. Anyone that has read this blog knows that inflammation causes depression. I  thought that this reaction-that the cheese causes problems-was lactose involved. Not so, so I will stop even goat cheese, which has no lactose protein. I am started suffering two days ago, about one day into the cheese feast. Yesterday irritability and OCD reigned for the afternoon. Slowness in thought and loss of focus. Chattering negative rambling in the brain. My poor co-worker, he is ever-bearing, as is my husband. And ackkkkk! Just spilled my salad! (loss of focus!)

Junger states that the toxins in the body causes the body to produce mucus and that the body does this to surround the toxic substance in the body so to separate the toxin from the body. So to stop the mucus, one must stop the toxins, and clean the body of the toxins that are in the body.

.
























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment