Monday, May 9, 2011

Self Esteem and our search for It.

True Self Esteem does not come from projects and goals outside of ourselves. God loves us for who we are just as we are. We no longer have to show others constantly our "new" projects, to feel our true worth. We have love and worth form God our true Father, and we are made whole from that.


My father was not an emotionally close man. He could do anything with his hands, and that is where I got my ability to work with my hands. But God my Father knows me and every cell in me. Every skin cell, brain cell, and I want Him to know me. I don't want to hide. He knows I am a crumble of emotions at times. He knows my artistic ego, which I must work through. And yet he still loves me, cares for me and draws me near Him. He kept doing this all through the deepest part of the depression. And when I slip into the depression again, I seek Him to hold even closer.


Self Esteem is gained not through others and their acceptance of us. But from us knowing that once we accept what Jesus (God) has done for us and that He is always standing by us, as The Great Stabilizer, the Great Love of my life. Why do I need others to accept what I do? I just need to love them, to reflect God on to them, and to do what God says to do. God says to love and accept others just as they are. Period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment