Monday, May 30, 2011

Chris Fabry Interviews Chonda Pierce

I called the radio show Chris Fabry Live yesterday. I got through on the third try. I thought it was a miracle that I got to speak to the producer. Chris was interviewing the comedian Chonda Pierce who suffers from depression and I wanted to let her know that there is a way to help with depression through the diet, detox, and other things covered in this blog. So this is the email that I wrote today to follow up the call yesterday.

Hi Chris,
I just wanted to follow up on a call I made to your producer yesterday on April the seventh. I have suffered from depression all my life. But the last few years I have taken a more positive turn. And I wanted the person Shandra that you were interviewing to know of my path in order to help her, and anyone that might want to listen and read about it. I was so passionate about it, that I may have sounded somewhat "looney" to your producer. 
Like your fight with mold (which I think I need to investigate for myself), I have been fighting depression all of my adult life. I have narrowed it down to food allergies, chemical sensitivities, hormonal problems. Yeast and mold as well. In 2008 I was implanted with a VNS device. It was originally made for epileptics, but depressives respond to it as well. For the short time period that insurance covered the surgery, I was implanted. Insurance may not cover the cost now. It was the first really joy that I had experienced in a long time, perhaps for a life time. But all was not over. For I continued on with the medications and the device until January 25, 2010. I had been dieting for one year at that time. Not just for losing weight, but to correct  the chemical make up of my body. I have been off of medications for 14 and a half months. Still on the VNS device.  I still suffer when I eat or drink something that I can't tolerate. But I was reborn into Christ on Oct. 23, 2010. This has help me immensely. The bible passage that has helped me the most is Psalm 138:8. "The Lord will perfect that which concerns me." So I found Moody Radio around that time and have been listening to you and the station daily. For it is a daily fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment