Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Could I be allergic to the paste at work?

I have not had an allergy test for any of the things (except wheat) that I have often written about in this blog. I figure that if I am careful in my habits, diet and environment and something new is introduced and I get sick in some way, well hey! I am sensitive to it, or worse, allergic. Sounds right, right?
Well, I am sensitive to wheat, but the test said I was not. So do I even believe the test or my body and it's reactions? I believe the latter.
I mentioned this to a guest at work. She mentioned that she was a person that book bound. She is a bookbinder of custom works. In essence she works with glues. She said that I might be allergic to the cellulose glue that we use. On the box it says that it is non toxic. Non toxic to who? Well I wrote down that there are other glues available to use, just for the record. A rice based glue, and a PVA  (plastic) based glue. I really don't think that it is a problem, but this blog is a bucket for information, so let this info swim in the bucket!

No comments:

Post a Comment