Sunday, February 27, 2011

Changing Chiropractors

I am changing to a new chiropractor, Dr. Isaac Hernandez, who is setting up office in Baldwin Park. This is about 2 miles from my home. He was helpful in pulling me off the antidepressants. Dr. Dan Yachter was his mentor and the businesses are linked somehow. not a branch, but in association with each other. He in one of the lowest times of the withdrawal sat with me and pointed out something that I will never forget.
It went something like this.
There are valleys and mountains and they are on a graph. Right now you are in a valley, but look down at where you have come from and you can, as you have over come those valleys bellow you, overcome this valley and go on to ascend the mountain above you.
This small thing, which took only a moment of his time as he was in training while in Doctor Dan's office, just stuck to me like glue. I thanked him for it some weeks later. But I will never forget it.
Mom still will still have her contract there in Dr. Dan's and I will still have my foot in that office. I don't want to leave totally. It is just very stressful to do all the driving from Disney to Lake Mary on the days that I work. And when I am sick, which hopefully won't be much, I need more treatments. And I have to go more than once a week when I am sick. So driving long distances when not feeling well stresses me greatly when I am already sick.
So regretfully, or with new hope, I step out to start a new path on the healing trail. I am not leaving Dr. Dan's influence, just bringing it where it less stressful.
I am now riding my bike five times a week and would like to be involved in a possible bike club, possibly in association with Dr. Isaac's office.
There is a biking trail, Cady Way that runs behind his office in Baldwin. Also I think that eventually David, my wonderful husband might get into this lifestyle if the office is so close. Those are the reasons that I chosen to to this step. The staff at Dr. Dan's office are so supportive and brought this struggling soul to a new level of health, and I am forever thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment