Tuesday, February 5, 2008

No, we don't take that insurance

Why would a company,in this case, Aetna, approve a procedure and not have a doctor in the area to follow through. I guess that is the way of things. Just because it is approved, does not mean the doctors in the area care to get certified to do it. So I may have the implant but not have the doctor to adjust it. Right now I have given my insurance information to a doctor in Orange City. That is about 30 miles north of here.
In reality,if I go even once a month, big deal. I go 48 round trip miles to work 5 days a week. I am glad that I thought to try to set up this follow up visit now. The information that I got from Cyberonics as to which doctor to call was old and out dated. The office help did not even know what VNS therapy was, or if they did they would not take the insurance that I have. O.K. time to roll up the ol' sleeves and, like a pitbull, hold on tight. That means if I have to educate, plead and beg, I will.
I must take that tack for now. Yesterday I melted to tears after four negative phone calls. Dr Fig will not get certified, so he's out. In a way good. Start anew.



No comments:

Post a Comment