Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It's done!

We rode north 50 miles in the relatively traffic free pre-dawn hours of the 26th of Feb.
It only took an hour and the weather was great.
They put me under general anesthesia and I slept on whilest they cut me. I woke up in the recovery room with David right beside me.
Soreness in the upper left chest, a sore throat, real pain when I was lifting myself out of a sitting position. Slept most of the day, and woke up every two hours throughout the night.
the implant of the device was right under the collar bone and the wire that connects the device to the Vagus nerve snakes up the left side of my neck and wraps itself around the nerve about half way up the neck.
The nerve will be stimulated for a few seconds then off for some time. But that can vary, as the doctor adjusts the implant to meet my needs.
At last it is done, now on with the rest of the drama.



No comments:

Post a Comment