Friday, February 15, 2008

Great Day

I left early in the morning yesterday for the road trip that turned into a great day.
The people at the hospital were kind, and chatty to boot. I was allowed to see the doctor before my time because I was only touching base with him. He talked to me for about five minutes and they charged me the co-pay of 50.00. Maybe he, by standards, has to see me again just to "nail things together".(Or to collect another fee?)
Changed my time to have the procedure to 6 am. I begged for a more saner time, but they said no.
The tech that drew my blood and pre-admitted me said that some how the VNS slows things down. I will ask Cheryl about this. I want to know a little more of what to expect, and how it will work. I know know the basics, but I am always exhausted and I don't need to slow things down any more. We will see.
Also Cheryl said that ECT  (ElectroConvulsive Therapy) can be used after the implant, if needed. The unit must be turned off while the electricity is surging through the brain. I really don't want ECT.
Dr Figueroa said I would (could) lose creativity if I used ECT. Now, as an artist I don't want to go down that path, but if it would give some kind of happiness, then if this doesn't work, I will consider ECT.
I think that David, my beloved husband, is afraid that the ECT will totally change my personality. Could possibly. So could VNS, but maybe to the good? Haven't heard about changing personality to the negative in any support information that has been given to me (or found on the internet).We will see.



No comments:

Post a Comment