Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What is real?

I have been turning over in my mind the video that was shot of me the last time I was fighting a bout of depression. I have fought so many bouts that they are all just like the last time. But what I found most important is that the reality of what was in my head, the depression, was not the reality of what was going on about me. It was lively, people looking at me, moving around, enjoying themselves, living. I want to have that reality, not the depression in my head. I have been feeding myself the wrong reality for years.
In that instant, I realized that I was in the way of my own recovery. I have been praying that I should keep my mind on pure and positive thoughts, then like a light bulb this thought about the video went on in my head and I have a weapon to fight the depression with.

No comments:

Post a Comment