Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The depression returned, then lifts

Shortly after the last post dated the 7th the depression returned. But I knew that I was on the right track. I asked Aaron, my work
"pastor" just what was happening. Building of faith and of patience, for God knows my full condition, mentally, physically, emotionally. I thought about that. That concept of some One else knowing just how all things tied together would effect me. That made sense to me. I know I have patience for the guests at work, but not for much else. So this is another lesson. Ponder.
Then I get into my car and the radio was tuned into a radio station that had on a pastor who was speaking about patience. Coincidence? I don't think God works haphazardly. Then through out the week things have been centering about patience. Things just mentioned to me in conversation.
Last night I was looking for a set of maps about the Bible lands in my library (I study archaeology and the Bible and would have  maps for those studies)  and found a prayer book entitled, Emotional Wholeness, by author Stormie (what a name!) Omartian. The attached book mark was in the patience and anger prayer section. I think a message is being sent, how else can one explain it? My dance with the loving grace of God continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment