Friday, January 28, 2011

Thoughts on Projection

From and email to Mary:
had a strange day yesterday as well. I had been drinking Almond milk the Silk brand. Now It was unsweetened, but not organic. After about 10 days I determined it was causing breast tenderness. I cut out other new foods I had tried. Mung beans were cut out. The soreness continued. So I cut out this new, to me, brand of Almond milk yesterday morning and I feel better today.
On the art front, I discussed this with a buddy at work. He thinks I should try a different tact/one of entry into shows with juries for the sculptures. I don't know about that, but am thinking. I need to do something and will, eventually. My prime goal is to get closer to God, and get my health, which I have never had, having be afflicted since childhood with the depression. Next priority is to care for my Mom. One day at a time.
On the email thing it sounds like you need to get into your email program and check just what is going on with it. See what you can find in your applications file as to the mail program, open  and see what you can find, or go to help in the same area. Barring that, Microsoft may have a help section on its site. I have a Mac and so can not give you direct commands on how to fix it. It is the second time you have had problems of late, it might be ready to crash, and soon, so check it soon.
Also. Another thing, you maybe doing a thing  called projecting. It is when you are seeing another's facial expressions respond to your words in what you determine is a negative way. It used to bother me as well. Then I decided that 1) that their thoughts, no matter what they are, are their's and not mine, no matter what  thoughts they are thinking . They have to suffer them, I will not let what I think that they are thinking ruin my day. 2) Then I just smile and picture my heart opening to them and state to myself, you will not close me to loving you. I have that right to love you in the way that I smile at you. I will guard my future actions by being aware of what you may think, but I will not waste my thought time (time I spend with my own thoughts, and with God) on what I think that you may have been thinking. 3) Then I go on my way.For:  The Lord will perfect that which concerns me.
There was a whole book written on projection. I can't come up with the title right now, but read it in the 90's.

No comments:

Post a Comment