Friday, July 6, 2012

Nightmares on Luvox

Since going on Luvox at it's maximum strength for me (which is 150 mg a day) I have been having nightmares. Just disturbing dreams. Nothing that leaves images past awakening. Instead it leaves feelings of fear itself. I find that to write about it dispenses the fears somewhat and gives me a mirror to see just what the night tears(terrors) are. They seem to be images of unknown fears.
This seems to happen many times when I change medications.
Something that FDR said. 'We have nothing to fear but fear itself.' I agree with that. I dance with sleep. Sometimes a waltz, sometimes the mamba. Thoughts are rambling and sleep is stalking me. To let go of the fear is more than half of the battle. I picture a huge fist opening up and the fingers radiating like the spokes of a bicycle wheel. The fear is the fist, releasing the fear is when the hand relaxes and the fingers radiate. I am a small person dropping through the fingers, dropping- hitting the ground and rebounding. Standing up, fists on hips, feet about a foot apart. Ready to do battle again. Battle with perceived fears. Note the word perceived.......

No comments:

Post a Comment