Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Nightmares Again (Ultra Loud Sigh)

I am known for extremely active motion while sleeping. Once asleep. I have fallen out of bed this morning and my husband found me trying to get into the closet. In the dream I was trying to get out of my childhood bedroom in our old family home.
I had a visit from my mother today. I view this dream as a cry to get out of the caretaker role that I am in with her. I view the responsibility of caring for her as part of the depression that I am in. That sounds selfish, but the subconscious does not care it just wants out. I want to get out of the depression and I view any responsibility that takes attention away from trying to heal myself as taking away from me. From my health. That is one reason I ended up in a mental hospital late last year.
But I can't give up the care of a 91 year old that needs me. So I have nightmares instead. Makes sense to my waking mind. To my subconscious mind, which is just trying to protect me, it makes sense to run way and shirk the responsibility of her care. I can understand what is going on. How does one take care of the situation when one loves one's own mother?and subconsciously one wants to stop the stress that is part of the cause of the problem? Ultra loud sigh (Again)  

No comments:

Post a Comment