Sunday, May 10, 2009

serotonin and magnesium THE connection!

I think I have found a major link to my depression: I know that I am magnesium deficient.
My mom was struggling with cramps in her hands. has done so for many years. I know that I and my brother suffer from migraines. I have restless leg syndrome and muscle twitches.
All of these are symptoms of magnesium deficiency. This AM I find THIS! http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=4&url=http%3A%2F%2Fborntoexplore.org%2Fneurochem.htm&ei=_7wGSuaQMs-Etwes54GIBw&rct=j&q=serotonin+++magnesium%2C&usg=AFQjCNHzBLHeauwaPvtaOSuUCbatiNpF7A
Now I am finally one more step towards chemical balance. Also any type of stress, physical, emotional decreases the serotonin.
Magnesium also is a blood thinner.So are the Omega 3 essential fatty acids. In order to prepare for my colonoscopy I have had to stop all blood thinners. Knowing that my serotonin levels would drop I have upped my antidepressants. As of right now mentally I am doing better. But the aches in the muscles are present. Serotonin is also in the muscles as well.
The next question: is there another chemical action that stops the absorption of magnesium?

No comments:

Post a Comment