Sunday, May 17, 2009

Letter to Edna

Hello from Orlando.
Mom (89 years old) had a problem with one of her heart medications because it caused severe hives. We are working with her doctor to rid her of this problem and still cover her heart problems. She is getting depressed that she is stuck out at John's and we are working with that. She will be brought into the city at least once a week to connect with the friends and church buddies she has. Right now I am leary of giving her money, certainly no credit card. She forgets everything so easily now and then gets up set with herself. Her memory is going. at least short term memory. One day at a time.
Booger, our feline companion, is slowly losing the battle with cancer. But we will be with him until he is in too much pain to bare. Then we will end it. He has been a wonderful little person to be around.
Dave is still plugging on, he is wonderful in his support for Booger and for me and mom.
I ended up in the hospital overnight as I had an adverse reaction to the prep meds that I was taking for my colonoscopy. Good news, they did the colonoscopy in the hospital and I do not have colon cancer! Just a routine check up.
I have had a blood test that indicated increased levels of alkaline phosphatase . I was taking cinnamon as I was fighting a high sugar level. Cinnamon can do this response increase the levels of alkaline phospatase . Only thing is it is an indication for cancer, breast or colon. I go for a mammogram,, on June first.
One day at a time.
I have gone back up on antidepressants to help fight the stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment