Monday, October 8, 2012

Writing is a therapy for depression

I have found that the journaling of my experience with the VNS and depression is in itself therapy. This latest mix of drugs and doing my creative things has given me more serotonin  and other calming brain chemicals. I have been writing some novelettes about an archeologist an her beaux who is in the same business as she. Just to put words to the keyboard and letting things flow keeps my mind off of the anxiety and depression. Replaces the negative with adventure, with other's thoughts, with others problems and then I solve them. Something, the solving part, I have not been able to do very successfully in my own fight with anxiety and depression. It seems that I am developing a type of agoraphobia. just another face of the sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment