Friday, April 20, 2012

OCD and Depression:My Life

I have been relatively quiet on the blog these last few weeks. Mainly assessing the diagnoses of my latest psychiatrist. And getting used to the drugs once again.

  • Wellbutrin 300 mg
  • anafranil 125 mg
  •  risperdal .5 Two times a day
  •  
    I am slowly pulling up and out of the depressive circular thought patterns. Slowly.
    What happens is that I find a thought and fixate on it, make it a scary thought in anyway that I can, and then run that thought over and over again, rampping up the anxiety. Then I see no way out of the situation and go into depression.This, as I look at my life,  has always been. I am now reading David Burn's Mood Therapy. It is about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. This is what  my psychiatrist suggested that I needed to learn about and to use this therapy to pull out of the OCD.

No comments:

Post a Comment