Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bandages off today

The waterproof bandages the doctor applied on the day of surgery have worked fairly well.The incision on the neck is hard to deal with because that one moves the most.  I have two incisions, one on the chest, under the collar bone, and one on the neck. It is irritated with the seatbelt, collars, and every turn of the head. The throat was sore for a few days and is at times, ten days later, still tender. The incision in the chest was way easier to handle, although the left pectoral muscle was sore the first five or so days.
I have been taking more of each antidepressant. Since I have four medications I take five extra of each and put them in a separate pile and out of that pile I choose a med and take one extra dose every day. I do best on the extra dose of Provigil. But when I change back to the generic paxil I really do well for about four days, then back to cymbalta for four-five days. And so on. This is not a good way to handle the problem, but I was going into depression and was seriously thinking about staying home from work to lay in bed all day long, and that would not work.
At the present time migraines are everyday, silent at first with the vision disrupted, and then if not medicated it goes full blown. Thankfully I only need OTC stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment