Monday, December 31, 2012

What Wiki pedia says

Just shortly ago my doctor diagnosed me with mood disorder. Shortly before that it was OCD both faces of one disease. This depression has more than one face. In fact many faces. When people tell you to snap out of it and you can, that probably is 'the blues'. Not to be laughed at in itself the 'blues' are a minor form of what I have, and many others have. This form of depression can not be snapped out of.

It is major depression associated with anxiety. But there are ways to use to help one survive.
But back to what the title of this blog.

Specific treatments for depressive disorder
Many forms of treatment are available. Treatments may include cognitive-behavioral therapymusic therapyart therapygroup therapypsychotherapyanimal-assisted therapy (also known as pet therapy), physical exercise, medicines such as antidepressants, and keeping a gratitude journal. A more holistic approach is required to address the problem of depression and mood disorder.
I have not tried cognitive-behaioral therapy, but all others. The blog is a gratitude journal, a record of medical things going on with me dealing with the depression. The VNS has not helped me as I thought it would. But I think brain stimulation in some what will help. The VNS does work somewhat, but not to the freeing from the depression.

1 comment:

  1. I already left one comment. From reading some more of your posts, I see you, like me have trouble with allergies and wonder if they are contributing to the depression. I also went through a scare about a cyst in a breast. Maybe all these health issues are essentially caused by the same thing. I'm still working on diet. I do notice that wheat and rice both seem to cause insomnia. Maybe they are particularly bad for causing insulin resistance. If I stay off those, particularly wheat, at least I don't have insomnia. I think I may have trouble with histamine in foods too, although that is better since I added some starch back into my fairly low carb diet. The low carb diet did help me to lose about fifty pounds. I had never been able to lose weight before. This diet for better mental health thing is pretty much two steps forward, three steps back, but it has helped me.

    ReplyDelete