Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ropinirole: Compounding Migraines?

I am still having migraines, but constantly now. Dr. Karabatos has told me to stop the Ropinirole (Requip), which was prescribed to stop the restless leg problem, and see if the migraines are helped. He took my blood pressure an it was very low. Since ropinirole can make a person dizzy and faint, this might be adding to the problem. I wonder if potassium is needed. Or sodium.
I have passed the reduction of the paroxitine (Paxil). I was going into depression and the implant pulled me up at least twice these past two weeks. I seem to be getting stronger in that aspect as the days go by.
Doctor Karabatos as changed my thyroid med to .150mg Synthyroid and I will start taking it tommorrow. He has added a new cholesterol drug in hopes of bringing down the bad cholesterol. It is not generic and will cost at least 50 bucks (I expect). Dr K wants me to have a lower abdomen CT scan to check the liver. I have a high liver enzymes and perhaps the drugs are causing some sort of damage.





No comments:

Post a Comment