Friday, December 14, 2007

After the first Road Trip

The meds that Dr. Fig ran out of did not cost the amount that I thought they would. Apparently Aetna now covers the Provigil. It cost me 60 dollars, not almost 400 as it was the last time I bought it.
The doctor visit to Deland to Corbyon's office took 3 hours. All but 15 min was waiting for him to come and talk to me.
He gave me a thumbs up for the procedure, but wants me to talk to the hospital and find out the cost, for my peace of mind. I called the finance office and they gave me a phone number for the estimate line. It is a voice mail setup that one can record the code attached to the procedure(s) and get an answer sometime in the future. I will wait two business days and then call back. I think that the hospital is giving me the run around about the cost, for they are hesitant to talk about it. First they give me number to the finance office and the person there would not quote me any prices, and gave me an estimate line.
The doctor gave me more hope that the device would work, for 70% of his patients that had this have felt some relief from the depression. That is better than the Cyberonic figure of about 50%.
The doctor said that perhaps if the hospital knew that I would be paying 30% of the cost that maybe the they would cut some of the cost.


No comments:

Post a Comment